Thanks for your prayer support over this week. We are thankful to God for the many ways we have seen him at work in the lives of the kids we serve and the team we serve alongside.
Today the leaders heard about the fifth lost truth, rediscovered by Sleuther – that glory is to be given to God alone.
The kids today heard the true story from Luke’s gospel of Zacchaeus. We heard about Jesus’ love and forgiveness towards the selfish Zacchaeus, and how Zacchaeus responded to Jesus by turning his life around, trusting in and following Jesus instead of serving himself.
Please join with us in prayerful thanks for many things this week, including:-
- Families who have come for the first time – for some, after several years of being invited by their friends at church
- Seeing those “lightbulb moments” in kids’ eyes during discussion times, as they make connections and understand more about God and his world for the first time – mindblowing concepts such as eternity, heaven, forgiveness – all made real by the work of God’s spirit in kids’ hearts.
- All those helping towards the work of the week (more than a hundred people have been helping out in some capacity!), including those from our wider church community coming in on the weekend to set up for church on Sunday, those who have donated food and time, and lots more behind the scenes support.
- Great conversations with families from outside our church community as they drop their kids off to the programme
- The privilege of seeing kids who have been to the programme as attenders now growing into junior leaders and not-so-junior leaders
- The way God has kept the kids safe throughout the week.
Please pray for the kids and team as we head off from the programme:-
- That the kids would remember what they have learned this week and be hungry to learn more and eager to follow Jesus
- That the kids and team would remember the ways they have been challenged, convicted, and have grown this week, and that God would continue his great work in all our lives, bringing us to greater maturity in Christ
- For Sunday’s celebration, as we look again at our memory verse and at all that we have been learning – that “Jesus came to seek and save the lost” Luke 19:10. Please pray that families would come on Sunday and hear and respond to Jesus
Thank you again for supporting us all in prayer this week!
Ros Cree and the Kids Community Connect Team